It seems like summer just started, but fall and winter will be here before we know it. As the days start getting shorter and the weather cools down, it may be hard to get outside and exercise or reach for healthy food options. This is a recipe for disaster when it comes to weight gain, and the main reason why people tend to put on some extra weight during the cold season.
While our ancestors may have benefited from packing on the pounds before the winter to keep warm, today with modern heating and plenty of sweaters and scarves, we can stay warm without adding weight.
Tips For Avoiding Winter Weight Gain
- Find a balance: Winter is a great time to spend time with family, bake goodies with your kids or grandkids, and indulge in an array of home cooked family recipes that use way too much butter. Cooking up some authentic pasta or having a second serving of Grandma’s sweet potato pie isn’t going to derail all of your hard work.
- Find an indoor exercise regimen: If you live somewhere that has nice weather year-round, then it’s possible you can keep doing your favorite outdoor exercises while the rest of us are scraping snow off of our cars. However, when it’s absolutely freezing outside, even getting to the gym can be a hassle. To combat this, find exercises you can do at home. The internet is full of great workout videos that don’t require any equipment, but perhaps this would be a great time to invest in a home treadmill or weight set.
- Avoid too much alcohol: Alcohol seems to cool us down during the summer and keep us warm during the winter – isn’t that convenient? The truth is that alcohol can temporarily make you feel warm by moving warmer blood closer to the surface of your skin, but this drops your core body temperature – which is the part that matters. Instead, opt for a nice cup of tea and put on your favorite British romantic comedy to warm up.
- Eat meals that are high in protein: Proteins are great because there are so many ways to prepare them, and this is a great time to try out some new recipes. From sweet and spicy to citrusy and garlicky, you can prepare meats, seafood, and tofu dozens of different ways. If you’re dying for some pasta, just make sure that you’re filling up on protein and watch the portion size of your pasta. Remember, it’s about balance, not perfection.
- Choose a healthy weight management supplement: WiseLifeNaturals offers a variety of healthy weight loss and weight management supplements. From garcinia cambogia that works as an appetite suppressant, to pure raspberry ketones that help to boost energy and kick start metabolism.*
Choose WiseLifeNaturals Your Your Healthy Weight Loss Supplements
Find out more about our natural garcinia cambogia, organic turmeric, and raspberry ketones for weight loss, and get ready to avoid winter weight gain today! See our entire selection of healthy weight loss supplements.