It seems like summer just started, but fall and winter will be here before we know it. As the days start getting shorter and the weather cools down, it may be hard to get outside and exercise or reach for healthy food options. This is a recipe for disaster when it comes to weight gain, and the main reason why people tend to put on some extra weight during the cold season.
While our ancestors may have benefited from packing on the pounds before the winter to keep warm, today with modern heating and plenty of sweaters and scarves, we can stay warm without adding weight.
Tips For Avoiding Winter Weight Gain
- Find a balance: Winter is a great time to spend time with family, bake goodies with your kids or grandkids, and indulge in an array of home cooked family recipes that use way too much butter. Cooking up some authentic pasta or having a second serving of Grandma’s sweet potato pie isn’t going to derail all of your hard work.
- Find an indoor exercise regimen: If you live somewhere that has nice weather year-round, then it’s possible you can keep doing your favorite outdoor exercises while the rest of us are scraping snow off of our cars. However, when it’s absolutely freezing outside, even getting to the gym can be a hassle. To combat this, find exercises you can do at home. The internet is full of great workout videos that don’t require any equipment, but perhaps this would be a great time to invest in a home treadmill or weight set.
- Avoid too much alcohol: Alcohol seems to cool us down during the summer and keep us warm during the winter - isn’t that convenient? The truth is that alcohol can temporarily make you feel warm by moving warmer blood closer to the surface of your skin, but this drops your core body temperature - which is the part that matters. Instead, opt for a nice cup of tea and put on your favorite British romantic comedy to warm up.
- Eat meals that are high in protein: Proteins are great because there are so many ways to prepare them, and this is a great time to try out some new recipes. From sweet and spicy to citrusy and garlicky, you can prepare meats, seafood, and tofu dozens of different ways. If you’re dying for some pasta, just make sure that you’re filling up on protein and watch the portion size of your pasta. Remember, it’s about balance, not perfection.
- Choose a healthy weight management supplement: WiseLifeNaturals offers a variety of healthy weight loss and weight management supplements. From garcinia cambogia that works as an appetite suppressant, to pure raspberry ketones that help to boost energy and kick start metabolism.*
Choose WiseLifeNaturals Your Your Healthy Weight Loss Supplements
Find out more about our natural garcinia cambogia, organic turmeric, and raspberry ketones for weight loss, and get ready to avoid winter weight gain today! See our entire selection of healthy weight loss supplements.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.
We’ve all heard the term “high cholesterol,” but what exactly does it mean? Cholesterol refers to a certain type of fat that is found in your bloodstream. When your cholesterol levels are too high, it can increase your risk of heart disease, stroke, and other problems. However, not all cholesterol is bad. HDL is a [...]
Joint pain and stiffness affects millions of people every day. Sometimes this is a natural part of aging, and at other times it is a result of other forces. Today, we would like to take a moment to dive into joint health, what causes pain, and what you can do about it.What Are Joints? This [...]
It is simply a fact of life that most of us will experience some kind of joint discomfort during our lives. This pain can be caused by injuries, our job, or degeneration as we age. In other cases, it can be caused by joint inflammation, more commonly called arthritis. Whatever the cause, joint pain and [...]
Pure Garcinia Cambogia is one of our best selling supplements on WiseLifeNaturals, and for good reason. Today, we wanted to take a few minutes to give our readers some extra information on garcinia cambogia, and what makes it such a powerful supplement for weight loss.What Is Garcinia Cambogia?Garcinia cambogia is a subspecies of the garcinia [...]
Summer is heating up, and that means people are spending more time soaking up the sun at the beach or pool. However, the last thing most people want to experience in the heat of summer is uncomfortable bloating.The Hidden Cause Of BloatingWhile many people believe that bloating is caused simply when you eat something that [...]
Yoga is one of the most effective ways to get the utmost inner peace and strength. As a matter of fact, yoga is also used by people who wish to lose weight, as this can be very helpful. There are various forms of yoga and you need to choose which one you think works well [...]
For thousands of years, the turmeric plant has been used for everything from its vibrant golden-orange color, to its healing properties. Today, we’d like to take a moment to get up close and personal with this ancient root, and talk about exactly what makes it so versatile - and what keeps it one of our [...]
Vitamin D is known as the “Sunshine Vitamin”, as it is produced as a response to the skin being exposed to sunlight. It also is present naturally in some foods, including fish, egg yolks, and fortified dairy products. This means that if you live in areas that receive little sunlight, are an SPF-All-Day-Every-Day type of [...]
As more and more research is released about gut health, it seems like now is a better time than ever to start improving the health of your gut. Our gut contains trillions of microorganisms in the form of good and bad bacteria. Good bacteria, also known as probiotics, help to digest our food while absorbing [...]